UPDATE COVID-19, May 26
Please note: the following information is a short compilation from the most important German-speaking Trade Media.
Short Overview situation in Germany
- Since December 15 Germany is in Lockdown
- The Lockdown is now extended until end of June. Corona emergency brake takes effect from incidence of 100 in a region with further measures.
- Vaccinations in Germany started on December 27. There are 5 priority groups, currently group 3 is getting vaccinated. The vaccination order will be resolved by June. Currently 40% of the population has received at least one dose of vaccination.
- Travelers arriving by plane to Germany need to provide a negative PCR-Test
- The government has agreed on a general “emergency brake” that comes into effect if the 7-day-incidence rises above 100 per 100.000 inhabitants
- If the incidence is lower there are opening possibilities based on a testing system
- Germans who have received 2 doses of vaccine will be treated equal to Germans with a negative test – mandatory tests for entering the country, shopping and other services do not apply to them anymore
Current relevant topics within the tourism industry
- German tourism representative Bareiß expects EU-vaccination certificate until end of June https://www.fvw.de/touristik/destination/tourismusbeauftragter-bareiss-erwartet-eu-impfzertifikat-bis-ende-juni-218649?utm_source=%2Fmeta%2Fnewsletter%2Ffvwammorgen&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nl3317&utm_term=d6a49325c50203368db4ee58c95c0df0 EU agreed about a digital vaccination certificate, which is supposed to make it easier to travel within Europe
- Close to 50 countries are no longer risk areashttps://www.fvw.de/touristik/destination/corona-risikogebiete-entwarnung-fuer-mittlerweile-fast-50-staaten-218670?utm_source=%2Fmeta%2Fnewsletter%2Fcounterammittag&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nl3318&utm_term=f92007c44ddf76c1cae86146b8aa23f9The Covid-19 crisis is lightening up in many places around the world, especially in Europe
Current relevant topics within the aviation industry
- Lufthansa realigns tariff framework for intercontinental flights https://www.fvw.de/touristik/verkehr/economy-tarife-lufthansa-richtet-tarifgeruest-fuer-interkont-fluege-neu-aus-218664?utm_source=%2Fmeta%2Fnewsletter%2Fbiztravelnews&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nl3319&utm_term=d6a49325c50203368db4ee58c95c0df0Lufthansa plans to offer more tariff options for long-distance flights in economy class because of changing customer needs
Current consumer sentiment
- Statista survey shows which restrictions people would take into account in order to go on summer vacation https://de.statista.com/infografik/24872/anteil-der-befragten-zu-reisen-mit-einschraenkung-in-corona-zeiten/ Travelers are in general more willing to wear masks and do Covid-19 tests than going into quarantine before or after their trip